Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the Schedule of Events
- 6:30 a.m. to START – Registraton & Packet Pick-up
- 8 a.m. “Puffin’ for Stuffin’ 1 Mile”
- 8:30 a.m. 5K Run/Wak starts at Globe Life Park
- AWARDS – will be available at: The RUNNER, 3535 W. Pioneer Parkway, Arlington Tx. 76013 (817-461-2281)
Q: What are the race distances
- “Puffin’ for Stuffin’ 1 Mile” Fun Run (the “Appetizer”) – Open to all ages and abilities
- 5K Timed (the “Main Course”) – The timed 5K with complete awards. Overall M/F, Masters M/F, and Full 5 year age groups
- 5K UNTimed (the “Dessert”) – The UNTimed 5K is just for fun; no timing.
Q: Can people of any ability participate?
- Yes! Both the 1 Mile and 5K are all-inclusive events and open to registered participants of all ages, shapes, sizes, and abilities. Walkers are highly encouraged to start at the back of the pack for safety.
Q: How about dogs, baby strollers, skates, or bikes?
- What would a Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot be without the young ‘uns? We do ask that strollers start at the back of the pack for the safety of everyone involved.
- Dogs, bikes, skates, skateboards – will NOT be permitted on the course due to safety concerns; but please come RUN with us!
- NOTE: Be sure to click REGISTER NOW! for your little ones too, so they can receive their own official race number and a commemorative race t-shirt. Little ones in strollers can be registered for only $10.
Q: How can I register?
- Online – Simply click REGISTER NOW!
NOTE: Online registration closes Wednesday, November 23rd at 5 p.m.
- Questions about online registration? Contact 817-795-9955.
- Mail In/Walk-In/Drop-Off
Arlington Turkey Trot
c/o The RUNNER in Arlington
3535 W. Pioneer Parkway
Arlington, Texas, 76013
- Race Day Registration – Begins at 6:30AM at the Race Site. Come early!
Q: Is there a team or group discount?
- Yes! Teams or groups of any kind (family, church, company, clubs, etc.) with a minimum of 6 participants, registered together, and received by Nov 17th (firm deadline) receive a discount.
(See the Registration Page for more details.)
Q: Is there a fee to register online?
- The Driven charges a small convenience fee in order to provide participants a safe, secure, and convenient way to register instantly from the comfort of their home or office. (No driving, no written entry forms, no stamps, no envelopes to address, and no hassles!) All for a small fee!
Q: Packet Pick-up?
At Tarrant County’s original running specialty store, established in 1978:
The RUNNER in Arlington
3535 W. Pioneer Parkway
Arlington, Texas, 76013
- Monday – November 21st from Noon to 7PM
- Tuesday & Wednesday – November 22nd & 23rd from 10AM to 7PM
NOTE: Online registrants must allow 24 hours prep time for your packet to be available.
Q: Are there race T-Shirts?
Yes!You Choose TECH or Cotton!
- Commemorative long-sleeved 2016 7th Annual Arlington Turkey TrotTM shirts are included in registration fees, and guaranteed to the first 2,000 pre-registered participants. Additional shirts are available when ordered with pre-registration for $10 each!
YOU CHOOSE! This year, you have the option to choose TECH or COTTON shirts. The deadline for TECH shirts is November 8. Keep in mind TECH shirts tend to run a little smaller than cotton.
- Participants may choose to upgrade from the shirt included in the registration fee to a commemorative 2016 7th Annual Arlington Turkey TrotTM sweatshirt! This is a great way to stay warm on the cold days while boasting of your accomplishment. Upgrade to a sweatshirt for $18!
If you upgrade to a sweatshirt, you will NOT receive a t-shirt. If you want both a shirt and a sweatshirt, you must order additional shirt(s).
Q: Where’s the race site?
- Parking Easy access & FREE PARKING at the Arlington Convention Center on Ballpark Way, just south of I30 and Ballpark Way (1200 Ballpark Way, Arlington, Texas 76011), and the adjacent Texas Rangers’ Lot J right across Nolan Ryan Expressway from the Ballpark. (Hint: This may be the easiest lot to use). Note: If you park at the Convention Center, please walk around the lake, swimming across is discouraged. Cars MUST be removed by 10AM.
- Registration: On the west side of Globe Life Park next to our Start and Finish line on Nolan Ryan Expressway.
- Start & Finish Line: On the west side of Globe Life Park on Nolan Ryan Expressway. It’s a GREAT long, flat and safe venue for a Turkey Trot of ANY size and will serve us well into the future.
Q: Rain or shine?
- Yes! Only extreme weather conditions creating a safety hazard would cause a race cancelation. No Refunds. The net proceeds from this run benefit The SHOE BANK.
For other Questions?
- Please feel free to contact us.